Forget tacky souvenirs, ‘Kiwi’ gifts have evolved well beyond that.
These NZ-themed goodies would make awesome prezzies for lovers of design, and lovers of our fair land!
• Our iconic FourSquare man is in his golden years these days! This Retired art print by Glenn Jones would look awesome in a retro/modern kitchen.
• We Kiwis have been sipping corner dairy milkshakes from The Longest Drink In Town paper cups since the 1960’s! This set is made from durable plastic and available from Iko Iko.
• Giving the gift of a good read is always a safe bet for Christmas. The Power of Us – New Zealanders Who Dare to Dream is an awesome coffee table book filled with inspiring stories of Kiwis who’ve earnt success in their field – young and old. Buy online here.
• David Trubridge is possibly NZ’s most famous, successful designer. His Koura lightshade was inspired by the small freshwater crayfish found in NZ rivers and streams, and the woven basket used to catch them. An iconic piece of NZ design, and you can buy direct from the designer here.
• We LOVE this new addition to our online shelves – the Mihi art print by NZ artist Misery.
• State Houses are an indelible part of NZ culture. This cool cushion celebrates that. Available here.
• Back in the day (Last Century) establishments would serve you your liquids in an old ceramic jug. NZ Ceramics company Studio Ceramics have re-made an original NZ Crown Lynn design, in a bunch of modern colours. Find stockists here.
• We’d love these quirky little guys on our windowsill – Birds of NZ Stacking Dolls, from Iko Iko.
• The Cape art print by Greg Straight – one of an awesome NZ Summer series, in similar colour palettes.