Tightly-kerned (it’s a type thing), well-designed gifts for the creative in your family…
1. Designers love letterforms! And perhaps the most loved of them all is the ampersand. This black and white beauty is from a range of typography art prints by NZ design collective MASH. (There’s several individual letter art prints and a full alphabet art print, too.)
2. Originally created in 1937 by world-renowned Danish architect Arne Jacobsen, this famous typography is now available on a series of modern porcelain cups. From LETLIV.
3. One book every creative should own – Making Ideas Happen. It chronicles the process used by legendary creative houses (like Disney and Google) and famous designers like Seth Godin to turn vision into reality.
4. Stylish ballpoint pens by minimalist Japanese design brand, Mark’s Inc. Available in NZ from Father Rabbit.
5. The ultimate creative sketch/ideas box set from Rhodia, from Wocolate.
6. They’ll definitely dig this bold, graphic Pencil art print by Oslo, from endemicworld. Available in up to a big A2 size, framed or unframed.
7. Infinite brainstorming paper! The ingenious George & Willy Kraft Paper Roller.
8. Retro-style desk calendar by iconic design brand MMMG, from Wocolate.
9. Simple, Scandi-style trestle desk for all their studio projects, from NZ makers Company and Things.
10. Pentagram are perhaps the world’s most famous design studio, and over the years, they’ve created more than 400 superb brands and logos. This book showcases them all – awesome inspiration for any design. Pentagram Marks book
11. Abstract NZ design, inspired by the famous 1980′s Commonwealth Games logo, and now in a contemporary art print by Guy Harkness.
12. Important advice for any designer - Stay Passionately Curious! Art print by NZ illustrator Chloe Ruby.