Something about this time of year makes me want to give my home a little interior makeover; starting with my bedroom. I’d hang one of my fave framed prints – nice and big – above the bed, and splash out on new bedding and homeware to go with it. Hmm… actually, the budget probably can’t stretch to the whole wishlist – but you really only need one or two new things (and some clever re-arranging) to make you feel like you’ve got a whole new space!
1. Lots of fun colour, yet the black frame and grey background give this print a sophisticated edge – we love the Danish-style Blossoms framed art print by Inaluxe.
2. Why should the sofa have all the fun? This vintage-style pleated velvet cushion – in a similar teal colour to tie in with the Inaluxe print – would look perfect on the bed. Or on a reading chair in the corner of the bedroom.
3. Finally, duvets are getting the graphic design treatment. Long overdue, we say. This pastel Croc design from Australian designers Kip & Co. is just. so. cool. Available in NZ through Collected and LETLIV.
4. Just like handbags and shoes, you can never have enough journals. Cosy up under the covers and write down your dreams and schemes in one of these bright (or pastel-coloured) recycled leather notebooks, available from Father Rabbit.
5. A funky rug would be an awesome addition to my bedroom. We love this ZigZag wool rug from Collected by LeeAnn Yare. (It also comes in grey, which would tie together nicely with our art print and bedside light.)
6. A super cute, colour-dipped bedside table? Yes please. This little beauty is available in black or white, also from Collected by LeeAnn Yare.
7. We love the combo of grey fabric with light blonde timber in this stylish bedside lamp. From Citta Design.
8. Finally, a little something special to keep jewellery in – this diamond trinket box looks lovely just as an ornament, but also hides valuables inside. Designed by Areaware, and available in NZ from LETLIV.